Her Majesty passed away on Thursday afternoon at Balmoral in Scotland aged 96. According to a news report, the police in Scotland claimed that there was a shortage of parking space for the public and requested visitors to use nearby park-and-ride facilities.
A state funeral is expected to be held on Monday, September 19.
The police force also said mourners had been arriving in the remote area at night, and warned that it was “not the safest location” with little lighting.
Mourners are being asked to plan any visits this weekend between 08:00 and 19:00 when park and ride facilities will be open at Monaltrie Park in Ballater and Braemar Castle.
A limited number of disabled car parking spaces are available in the coach park at the Crathie Bridge.
Chief Superintendent Kate Stephen said the number of people turning up at Balmoral to lay floral tributes was “fully expected and welcome”.
But she said: “Our officers have had to ask people to leave the area to find alternative parking arrangements, which is the very last thing they want to do.
“A number of people turned up throughout the night to pay their respects and our officers on the ground were conscious that it was not the safest location to be so late.
“I would strongly recommend planning your visit during the park and ride times.”
READ MORE: Grieving Prince Harry leaves Balmoral alone with security team